- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cheese. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 18 slices).
Originally published as Rosemary Cheddar Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p20
Reviews for Rosemary Cheddar Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2011
"This bread is excellent. Started it in the bread machine and finished in the oven. My 8 yr old son couldn't get enough of it. Thanks for the recipe!!!"