"My husband and I love rosemary-and cheddar-crusted potatoes, so I adapted a potato bread recipe to include our favorite flavors," writes Tammy Perrault of Lancaster, Ohio. The bread machine makes this herbed loaf a snap to prepare. "Everyone who has tasted it asks for the recipe," Tammy says.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cheese. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 18 slices).
Originally published as Rosemary Cheddar Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p20
Reviews for Rosemary Cheddar Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review