Rosemary Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, orange juice concentrate, rosemary, salt and cayenne; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Pour over chicken. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 305 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary Cashew Chicken
"I wasn't sure about the flavor combination, but it was great! The whole family loved the taste (even the picky ones) and declared it a keeper. We had it over pasta and it was very good. I loved that it was very easy to put together and throw in the slow cooker. I would probably substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts next time (personal preference)."
"Definite keeper. Enjoyed the blended flavors of the orange juice, rosemary & cashews."
"My family loves this recipe. I make it often. I sometimes make with brown rice instead of pasta."
"I fixed this for Sunday supper.would not change a thing. My whole family thought it was great.... Roxie"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.