Rosemary Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, orange juice concentrate, rosemary, salt and cayenne; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Pour over chicken. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 305 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary Cashew Chicken
"I wasn't sure about the flavor combination, but it was great! The whole family loved the taste (even the picky ones) and declared it a keeper. We had it over pasta and it was very good. I loved that it was very easy to put together and throw in the slow cooker. I would probably substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts next time (personal preference)."
"Definite keeper. Enjoyed the blended flavors of the orange juice, rosemary & cashews."
"My family loves this recipe. I make it often. I sometimes make with brown rice instead of pasta."
"I fixed this for Sunday supper.would not change a thing. My whole family thought it was great.... Roxie"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.