Field editor Ruth Andrewson of Peck, Idaho assures, "This elegant entree with fresh herb flavor is mouthwatering.—Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the onion, orange juice concentrate, rosemary, salt and cayenne; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews. Pour over chicken. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Cashew Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rosemary Cashew Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review