Rosemary Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine squash, oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-15 minutes or until tender; remove from oven. Reduce heat to 375°.
- 3. Place flour and remaining salt in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in garlic and rosemary.
- 4. Spread 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, 1/3 cup cheese, a third of the squash and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 5. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 275 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Rosemary Butternut Squash Lasagna
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.