Rosemary-Blue Cheese Shortbread Recipe
The subtle essence of rosemary comes through on these savory blue cheese treats. The will fast when you serve them at a gathering.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the blue cheese, butter, sugar and rosemary until well blended. Beat in flour (dough will be crumbly). Shape into two 7-in. rolls; coat with walnuts. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. To use frozen shortbread: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cut and bake as directed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC