Rosemary-Blue Cheese Shortbread Recipe
The subtle essence of rosemary comes through on these savory blue cheese treats. The will fast when you serve them at a gathering.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the blue cheese, butter, sugar and rosemary until well blended. Beat in flour (dough will be crumbly). Shape into two 7-in. rolls; coat with walnuts. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- To use frozen shortbread: Thaw in the refrigerator. Cut and bake as directed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rosemary-Blue Cheese Shortbread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p27
Reviews for Rosemary-Blue Cheese Shortbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >