"Seasoned with rosemary, these light and tender biscuits are extra special," says Jacqueline Graves of Lawrenceville, Georgia. "And with just four ingredients, they're a snap to make."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large bowl, cut cream cheese into baking mix until crumbly. Stir
- in milk and rosemary just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll out
- into a 6-in. square. Cut into four 3-in. squares; cut each square
- diagonally in half.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°
- for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One biscuit equals 133 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.