Rosemary Beet Phyllo Bites
The deep red of the beets will definitely bring a splash of festive color to any appetizer buffet. The mild rosemary flavor accents the peppery bite of the arugula and the sweet-sour flavor of the pickled beets.Taste of Home Test Kitchen,
72 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled whole beets, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh arugula, torn
- 72 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pat beets dry with paper towels; place in a small bowl. Add the olive
- oil, rosemary and orange peel; toss to combine.
- Divide arugula among tart shells; top with beet mixture. Sprinkle
- with feta cheese. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 31 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer