Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Rosemary, garlic and Parmesan cheese season the tender potato slices in this delectable side dish. It's sure to satisfy family and guests alike. -Jean Minner, New Castle, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 220 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC