This is a nice alternative to plain asparagus. It's a simple, flavorful way to dress them up.—Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, combine the broth, rosemary, garlic and bay leaf.
- Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Discard
- bay leaf. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.