Rosemary Asparagus Chicken Recipe
Impress friends and family with this simple yet elegant entree. One taste will have folks requesting the recipe. You'll want to add it to your family's daily fare, too!
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 asparagus spears, blanched and cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a shallow glass baking dish, combine 1/4 cup broth, garlic, rosemary, oil, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a saucepan, cook rice in water and remaining broth until tender and fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook chicken in marinade over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove rice from the heat; add asparagus, lemon peel and lemon-pepper. Spoon onto individual plates. Cut chicken into strips and arrange over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 1/6 of recipe equals 297 calories, 165 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 29 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 8 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC