- 1-1/2 cups apricot nectar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a saucepan, combine apricot nectar, dates and apricots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in orange peel and rosemary; cook for 10-15 minutes. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and milk. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with date mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 375° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forRosemary Apricot Loaves
"I made these loaves for my own Mother's Day brunch. They turned out dense and moist. One of my guests called it "phenomenal." I served it with Crustless chicken Quiche and Peaches'n'Cream coolers. All Taste of Home Recipes."