These pretty cookies shared by Jane Smith sing of spring! They'll disappear by the dozens!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring
- Red paste food coloring
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Tint dough red. Shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. With a sharp knife, cut two slits at the top of each circle, forming a flower bud. Pinch the bottom of each bud, forming the stem end.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting green. Using a small leaf tip, pipe leaves onto the stem end of each flower. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rosebud Butter Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p68
Reviews for Rosebud Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review