Rose Rolls Recipe
These eye-catching cherry-filled rolls make any breakfast or coffee break special. They freeze very well...just thaw and reheat a few minutes before serving.
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 5-1/4 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Vanilla Glaze
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid; cool liquid to 110°-115°. Mash potatoes; set aside to cool to 110°-115°.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the mashed potatoes, cooking liquid, sugar, butter, salt, egg and 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Gently roll each into a 12-in. rope. Holding one end of rope, loosely wrap dough, forming a coil. Tuck end under; pinch to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. With thumb, make a 1-in. indentation in center of each coil. Fill with cherry pie filling. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Rose Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC