Rose Petal Sorbet Recipe
Hot summer days call for a refreshing sorbet. This recipe from out Test Kitchen combines pleasing citrus and floral flavors.
- 2 cups red or pink rose petals
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 cups water
- 6 medium oranges
- 6 to 14 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. With kitchen scissors, cut off the white portion at the stem end of each rose petal. With a mortar and pestle or in a food processor, mash or process into a paste, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in remaining sugar until dissolved. Stir in the rose paste. Boil, without stirring, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Strain, reserving rose syrup. Discard rose pulp. Squeeze the juice from the oranges and strain; discard pulp and seeds. Add 2-2/3 cups orange juice and food coloring if desired to the rose syrup. Transfer to a freezer container; cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup equals 198 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Rose Petal Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC