Rose Petal Honey Recipe
This delicious recipe is a perfect topping for toast or English muffins. It is so simple to make and will impress guests at tea.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
- 1 cup packed rose petals (about 6 medium roses)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rose petals, water and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until petals lose their color. Strain, reserving liquid and discarding petals. Return liquid to the saucepan.
- 2. Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a jar and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 1 cup.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 39 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Rose Petal Honey
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC