Rose Petal Honey
This delicious recipe is a perfect topping for toast or English muffins. It is so simple to make and will impress guests at tea.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed rose petals (about 6 medium roses)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a large saucepan, combine rose petals, water and lemon juice;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until petals lose
- their color. Strain, reserving liquid and discarding petals. Return
- liquid to the saucepan.
- Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring
- constantly. Pour into a jar and cool to room temperature. Cover and
- refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 39 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.