Rose Petal Honey
This delicious recipe is a perfect topping for toast or English muffins. It is so simple to make and will impress guests at tea.Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed rose petals (about 6 medium roses)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a saucepan, combine rose petals, water and lemon juice; simmer
- until petals lose their color. Strain, reserving liquid and
- discarding petals. Return liquid to the saucepan; add sugar and
- pectin. Bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 1 minute. Pour into a hot
- jar; cover and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate. Yield: about
- 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 39 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.