- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 large ripe pears, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, onions, cheese and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forRoquefort Pear Salad
"My husband and I loved this salad. I made it with arugula. Delicious."
"I have substituted Fuji apples for the pears and added dried cranberries and it was wonderful."
"This is a wonderful large salad, with a tasty balance of sweet and savory flavors."