Roquefort Pear Salad Recipe
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 large ripe pears, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, onions, cheese and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roquefort Pear Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p29
Reviews for Roquefort Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2014
My husband and I loved this salad. I made it with arugula. Delicious.
Reviewed Dec. 15, 2010
I have substituted Fuji apples for the pears and added dried cranberries and it was wonderful.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2010
This is a wonderful large salad, with a tasty balance of sweet and savory flavors.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >