Ropa Vieja - Cuban Meat Stew
Ropa Vieja is a main course of shredded and braised beef with plenty of healthy, tasty vegetables, like onions, peppers and olives. Our GOYA® Ropa Vieja recipe is sure to satisfy the hungriest of appetites.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Total Time: 3 hours.
- 2 tablespoons GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into 3-in.by 4-in. pieces
- GOYA Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- 2 large yellow onions, finely chopped (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 green bell peppers, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (6 oz.) GOYA Sofrito
- 3 teaspoons GOYA Minced Garlic or 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 1 package Sazón GOYA with Coriander and Annatto
- 1 package GOYA Powdered Beef Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon GOYA Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup GOYA Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, sliced
- 1 jar GOYA® Capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked CANILLA Extra Long Grain Rice
- Heat oil in large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Season
- meat with adobo. Add steak to pot and cook in batches, flipping
- once, until well browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer meat to a
- plate. Lower heat to medium. Stir in onions and peppers. Cook,
- stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add Sofrito and garlic to pot; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.