Rootin'-Tootin' Cincinnati Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup root beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Optional toppings: crushed tortilla chips, chopped green onions, and shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheeses
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions and green pepperover medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the tomatoes, root beer, chili powder, tomato paste, chipotle peppers, cumin and bouillon. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve with spaghetti. Garnish with chips, green onions and cheeses if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rootin'-Tootin' Cincinnati Chili(18)
Sort By :
I've tried this recipe a couple of times and find it to be a pretty good chili. I liked it because it is a bit different...certainly not your average beef and bean chili. What it is NOT is any kind of Cincinnati chili. Authentic Cincinnati chili has no adobo chilies in it because they're too smokey and it always includes cinnamon and sometimes chocolate. Cincinnati chili is always served over spaghetti, some add beans on top, some add cheese on top and some include chopped onions too.
This was okay but being from Cincinnati, it doesn't taste like Cincinnati chili at all.
Having tried this recipe and real Cincinnati Chili (yes I boiled the meat, etc) I like this one better. The cocoa was not to my liking in the original Cincinnati......try this one, easy, quick and the right amount of "kick"
In fact, am making tonight for dinner
A bit of a kick to it but not too much and a fair amount of vegetables as well.
This had quite a "kick" I tamed it down with some cream cheese as well as mild cheddar. Loved by all.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >