Root Vegetable au Gratin Recipe
I make root vegetables even more enticing by combining them with a rich and creamy cheese sauce. This casserole is a favorite at our holiday buffets.—Lizela Sabiranju, Lynnwood, Washington
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1. Arrange the potatoes, rutabaga, turnip and parsnip in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, rosemary, flour and seasoned salt. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 264 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Root Vegetable au Gratin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC