- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 3 cups root beer
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Root Beer Glazed Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p170
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015
"I prepared this ham last year for about a group of 75 people. It had such great reviews that it was requested again this year by several out of town quests."