Root Beer Glazed Ham Recipe
For a unique spin on the traditional glazed ham recipe, try this Southern specialty from our Test Kitchen where the secret ingredient is root beer!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- 3 cups root beer
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Brush ham with some of the glaze; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Root Beer Glazed Ham in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p170
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Ham(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review