Root Beer Glazed Chicken Recipe
My husband made some tweaks from the original recipe to suit our tastes and it was fabulous. Our 18 month-old son even loves this chicken recipe! It's the perfect way for me to get out of cooking for a night. —Stacy Kolojay, Streator, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts slightly. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir the root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and lemon peel into the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC