Root Beer Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and lemon peel into the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Chicken
Sort By :
"Yummy!!! We slow baked them in the oven at about 325 so we could glaze them and get a good glaze going. Very good and will make it again!"
"My family liked this recipe."
"I did not have dijon mustard, so I had to use spicy brown instead. It still worked out well and we will be having this again."
"This is delicious. I've made it several times and will make it several more times. I've also shared the recipe with friends and have gotten many thanks. My grandkids also love this."
"My family enjoyed this recipe. The root beer ingredient interested me and the sauce turned out sweet and mild and my youngest even liked it."