Root Beer Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and lemon peel into the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Chicken(7)
Sort By :
This is delicious. I've made it several times and will make it several more times. I've also shared the recipe with friends and have gotten many thanks. My grandkids also love this.
My family enjoyed this recipe. The root beer ingredient interested me and the sauce turned out sweet and mild and my youngest even liked it.
I found this tolerable, but no one else liked it at all. I tried to use the leftovers in salads the next night and that was not a hit either.
I too wasn't sure about this recipe since I have NEVER cooked with Root Beer, but this was one of the most raved about chicken recipe's! My kids just loved it. I will be making this again for sure. Thanks for a great recipe!
AMAZING! I WAS SKEPTICAL TO TRY THIS SINCE I HATE ROOTBEER BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS AND EVEN MY PICKY CHILDREN LOVE THIS.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >