- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken breasts slightly. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the root beer, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and lemon peel into the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Glazed Chicken
"Delicious. Served with rice. Could not tell that there was root beer. Will try Luigimon idea next time and will bake for a good glaze."
"Yummy, my husband and I really enjoyed it. That makes two stars. It was easy to prepare and I will continue to make it. That gives it two more stars. If it is that good already it deserves to be a five star."
"Yummy!!! We slow baked them in the oven at about 325 so we could glaze them and get a good glaze going. Very good and will make it again!"
"My family liked this recipe."
"I did not have dijon mustard, so I had to use spicy brown instead. It still worked out well and we will be having this again."