I always got root beer candies in my stocking. The crunch of the sugar on these cookies reminds me of those candies, while the insides are chewy and soft.—Michelle Sion, Darien Center, New York
Featured In: Root Beer Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 5 teaspoons root beer concentrate
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and root beer concentrate. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tarter; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape level tablespoons of dough into balls; roll in remaining sugar. Flatten slightly. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a bowl, beat filling ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Freeze option: Freeze shaped balls of dough on baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. Prepare, bake and fill cookies as directed. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review