- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie
Sort By :
"Very good. For those who said it didn't set, when you use instant pudding you must whisk it until it starts to thicken; I do mine on low speed of my mixer and usually 2 minutes is long enough; you just have to observe that is is thickening. I refrigerate overnight or at least four hours."
"If I tried it I wouldn't use diet root beer because aspertame is bad for you. Sugar isn't good for you either but it's better."
"thanks for the recipe, I will make this"
"Could you use all root beer (no milk) for a stronger taste?"
"This didn't taste much like root beer and even though I followed the directions, it did not set up at all."