This is the kind of recipe your kids will look back on and always remember. And the only appliance you need is the refrigerator. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Root Beer Float Pie in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p56
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review