- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie
Sort By :
Thought it was very good but mine was runny. Will try it again though!
A very light and refreshing pie that is easy to make. Like some of the other reviews, I may try adding additional root beer flavoring to pull the flavor out more. A keeper in my recipe box for summer time.
It's very good. I added 1/4 teaspoon root beer oil candy flavoring. Next time I think I'll add 1/2 teaspoon to increase the root beer flavor.
The root beer is not over powering, but just a perfect blend of all of the ingredients. It is quick to make and delicious to taste.
This is a really, cool, refreshing pie...I do have to agree that it isn't very "root beery" ....But, I think if any more was added, it would be too runny unless one put cream cheese in the mixture to make it thicker...
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >