Root Beer Float Pie Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie(41)
Sort By :
This was very easy to make. I used 1/2 C. diet root beer and 2 tsp. of root beer concentrate. I also used the large package of sugar free vanilla pudding mix instead of the small one. All other ingredients I used the same. It was not runny at all. Very good
Very easy to make but I was not a fan. It was very runny even after being in the fridge for 10 hours and I didn't really think it had that much of a root beer taste.
I followed the recipe precisely and ended up with a runny pie that had zero root beer taste. I suspect at least 2 of those 8 hours should have been "freezer" not refrigerator.
no I won't make it again,way too runny
it is way too soupy does not set up at all. Maybe use no milk just root beer.