Root Beer Float Pie Recipe
This is the kind of recipe your kids will look back on and always remember. And the only appliance you need is the refrigerator. —Cindy Reams, Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- 1. Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- 2. Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC