- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie
Sort By :
"This is an awesome dessert. I made a couple of changes to make it lower carb. I omitted the milk and used 8 ounces of cream cheese softened. My crust was 1 1/2 cups almond flour, 3 tablespoons of stevia mixed into 4 tablespoons of butter. Mix it all place in pie plate add the filling and you are done. This firmed up perfectly in the 8 hour time. One of the best cream pies. Thanks for a great recipe! It's a keeper."
"This dessert was tasty, but unfortunately didn't firm up too well. It you are going to eat it right away it's fine, but it's not a dessert that will be easy to transport to a party. It helps to freeze the pie, but it takes away a lot of the root beer flavor."
"My dad loves root beer so I made this pie for him for Father's Day. It was a huge hit! The root beer flavor is strong, but subtle enough that the pie was enjoyed by even those that don't love root beer."
"A friends two teenaged boys couldn't get enough. The only problem is that it doesn't set up well and remains too soft even though I cut back on the liquid quite a bit. Will have to figure out a way to solve the problem. Maybe Knox gelatin?"
"Delicious recipe! I decided to let mine set in the freezer as it was a very hot day. Worked perfectly! I think this will get rid of the problems with it being too soft and runny. I felt the balance of root beer and vanilla flavours was excellent. Will make again!!"