Root Beer Float Pie Recipe
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 cup cold diet root beer
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Set aside and refrigerate 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk the root beer, milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the remaining whipped topping. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pie. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Dollop reserved whipped topping over each serving; top with a maraschino cherry if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Pie(44)
Sort By :
Whoever created this, thank you!
fantastic already shared with friends
This was very good, especially considering it had fewer calories than one's typical cream pie. It was so easy to make. I just had a lot of other pies I liked so much better that I had to put a 4 instead of a 5. By the way, we only put ours in the freezer for about 4 hours, and it was nice and firm then. It tasted like a real root beer float.
This was very easy to make. I used 1/2 C. diet root beer and 2 tsp. of root beer concentrate. I also used the large package of sugar free vanilla pudding mix instead of the small one. All other ingredients I used the same. It was not runny at all. Very good
Very easy to make but I was not a fan. It was very runny even after being in the fridge for 10 hours and I didn't really think it had that much of a root beer taste.