Root Beer Float Fudge Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate
- Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Pour one-third of the mixture into a small bowl; stir in vanilla.
- To remaining mixture, stir in root beer concentrate; immediately spread into prepared pan. Spread vanilla mixture over top. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Fudge
Sort By :
Hi mabiggs -
You're looking for root beer concentrate, not extract, and it's carried at Walmart (in SoCal, at least). Good luck!
Hi Pattie-_k -
Add to the portion with the root beer flavoring 5 red, 6 ylw, 3 green (drops) of McCormick Asst food coloring. Good luck!
Wonderfully yummy fudge that really does taste like a root beer float! The only problem I found was the color combo for the brown. However, it's on the back of the McCormick Asst. food coloring box (5 red, 6 ylw, 3 green) That gives it a tan color. Will make it darker next time. I also upped the vanilla to a full tsp to give it a more ice creamy taste. Delish!
Where can I order Root Beer extract??????????
I have made this about 5 times now and every time I made iti do NOT get the 2 colors. What am I doing wrong?????
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Fudge >
- Fudge Candy >
- Fudge Recipes >
- Homemade Fudge >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Marshmallow Fudge >