Root Beer Float Fudge Recipe
My children have always loved root beer floats so I came up with this fudgy treat just for them. Sweet and creamy with that familiar root beer flavor, it's always a best seller at school bake sales. —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:81 servings
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate
- 1. Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 4 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat. Stir in baking chips and marshmallow creme until melted. Pour one-third of the mixture into a small bowl; stir in vanilla.
- 3. To remaining mixture, stir in root beer concentrate; immediately spread into prepared pan. Spread vanilla mixture over top. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 pounds.
1 piece equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC