- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Cake
"Really nice cake-used root beer concentrate after reading reviews. delowenstein-please, stop wasting review space with your extensive recipe re-writes. It is rude."
"I really liked this cake. It turned out good. My husband usually likes only chocolate things, so he wasn't impressed. I tried this because I'm sick of only making chocolate. I will make it again just for something different."
"I made this for my granddaughter's birthday. Oh My Gosh, how sad! It wasn't very good. :( She loves root beer. We couldn't hardly taste the root beer. She was sooooo disappointed. Very Sad."
"I added a little Root Beer flavoring to cake batter and frosting. Turned out good."
"won't be making this again. I had planned it for my 11 year old grandson's birthday and it BOMBED. just tasted like plain old cake. very disappointed."