- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Root Beer Float Cake
"I really liked this cake. It turned out good. My husband usually likes only chocolate things, so he wasn't impressed. I tried this because I'm sick of only making chocolate. I will make it again just for something different."
"I made this for my granddaughter's birthday. Oh My Gosh, how sad! It wasn't very good. :( She loves root beer. We couldn't hardly taste the root beer. She was sooooo disappointed. Very Sad."
"I added a little Root Beer flavoring to cake batter and frosting. Turned out good."
"won't be making this again. I had planned it for my 11 year old grandson's birthday and it BOMBED. just tasted like plain old cake. very disappointed."
"Really disappointed. It did not taste like root beer at all. It was still a good cake, but just tasted like a regular yellow cake."