Root Beer Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/4 teaspoons root beer concentrate or extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in buttermilk and root beer concentrate. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Root Beer Cookies
Sort By :
"I've had root beer extract in my cupboard for some time & I'd only used it once. I will be using it more often in these yummy cookies!"
"really good and better next day"
"My family loves these cookies. The cookies themselves do not have much root beer flavor; you must use the icing. Plus, we actually doubled the root beer concentrate in the icing. People always think they are chocolate when we take them places, but soon discover the fun!"
"These were a very tasty and nice soft cookie. My only complaint was that the needed more root beer flavor."
"My kids ADORE these cookies. Every time we take them somewhere people are skeptical about trying them but always come back for more."