- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 2 cups. Set aside.
- Cut ribs into five serving-size pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Root Beer BBQ Ribs(8)
Sort By :
They were very tender but did not taste the root beer.
The ribs turned out fantastic! They were so very moist and tender with no root beer taste at all (which I was a little concerned about). There are only two of us so I "pulled" the leftover pork off of the bones and used it as a topper for baked potatoes later in the week. Very, very easy and yummy.
Sauce had very little flavor. Ended up dipping it in barbeque sauce out of a bottle.
I made this today, they were yummy. I used a Turkey Baceter and put the sauce over the Ribs ever so often. The ribs were so Moist!
I used the boneless country ribs and the recipe turned out great.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >