Romano Chicken Supreme Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the lemon juice, basil and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and orange juice; heat through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 274 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Romano Chicken Supreme
"This was great! I had no mushrooms but did have fresh brussels sprouts, so I subbed those (I halved them before sautéing) and it was delish. I did use only a half cup bread crumbs, and that was more than enough."
"I just made this for supper tonight. Both my husband and I really liked the flavor. I will be making this again."
"I've made this recipe many times and always get compliments. Excellent!"
"I was going to make chicken cacciatore tonight (the recipe from the 1974 edition of Joy of Cooking), but this recipe caught my eye and I decided to make it instead. Awesome! chicken breasts, mushrooms and cheese--what's not to love? And I was quite surprised to learn that my ten-year-old loved the mushrooms."