Plenty of Romano cheese and golden brown bread crumbs add flavor and crunch to this tender chicken and mushroom recipe from field editor Anna Minegar of Zolfo Springs, Florida.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the lemon juice, basil and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and orange juice; heat through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Romano Chicken Supreme in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Romano Chicken Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review