Romano Basil Turkey Breast
Guests will be impressed when you slice this golden, grilled turkey breast, dressed up with a flavorful layer of basil and cheese under the skin. —Darlene Markham, Rochester, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Grill: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 4 ounces Romano cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cheese, basil, lemon slices and garlic. With fingers,
- carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; place mixture under
- the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub
- skin with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place turkey over
- drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2
- hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks.
- Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked turkey equals 402 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 53 g protein.