Romano Basil Turkey Breast Recipe
- 4 ounces Romano cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine the cheese, basil, lemon slices and garlic. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; place mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub skin with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place turkey over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 402 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 53g protein
Reviews for Romano Basil Turkey Breast
"I haven't made this yet. Wondering how this would do in a roster oven."
"This recipe sounds good, but in reality the flavors of the basil and romano don't penetrate the meat, the the flavor is all just in the crust, and when I sliced my roast the basil & romano mixture fell off, didn't present like the picture."