Guests will be impressed when you slice this golden, grilled turkey breast, dressed up with a flavorful layer of basil and cheese under the skin. —Darlene Markham, Rochester, New York
- 4 ounces Romano cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the cheese, basil, lemon slices and garlic. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; place mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Rub skin with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place turkey over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Romano Basil Turkey Breast in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p53
Reviews for Romano Basil Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review