Mandarin oranges give this crisp, cool salad a refreshing tang that will perk up any meal. There's even orange juice in the light vinaigrette that glistens as it coats the greens. —Heather Ahrens Columbus, Ohio
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 6 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground mustard
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled; toss before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Romaine with Oranges in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p35
Reviews for Romaine with Oranges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review