- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- In small saucepan, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, onion, pepper, and salt. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds; add bean and seeds to water mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Discard vanilla bean; pour mixture into a blender. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Divide romaine among eight salad plates; top with apricots, pine nuts and cheese. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Salad with Vanilla Bean Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p63
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Vanilla Bean Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review