Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing Recipe
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
"This salad is spectacular! I thought the red wine vinegar might be a little strong for me in this type of salad so I substituted rice wine vinegar and it was perfect! Sherry or champagne vinegar may also be very good!"