Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing Recipe
This festive salad features romaine lettuce, cranberries and almonds. Sent from Laurie Balcom of Lynden, Washington, it's perfect for those busy weeknights during the holidays.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC