Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing Recipe
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 94 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
"This salad is spectacular! I thought the red wine vinegar might be a little strong for me in this type of salad so I substituted rice wine vinegar and it was perfect! Sherry or champagne vinegar may also be very good!"