This festive salad features romaine lettuce, cranberries and almonds. Sent from Laurie Balcom of Lynden, Washington, it's perfect for those busy weeknights during the holidays.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p31
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Mint Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2008
"This salad is spectacular! I thought the red wine vinegar might be a little strong for me in this type of salad so I substituted rice wine vinegar and it was perfect! Sherry or champagne vinegar may also be very good!"