Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing Recipe
This colorful salad looks great on a buffet table and tastes even better. The crunchy corn chips are a nice change from croutons. —Sandra Forsyth, Edmonton, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Corn chips
- 1. For dressing, place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 187 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC