- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Corn chips
- For dressing, place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing
Sort By :
"We LOVE this salad and use the extra dressing for chip dip. Yum Yum"
"I made this recipe because of the great reviews but I have to say, I really disagree with comments. The dressing flavor-wise was way too heavy on the fats. The mayo really kills the avocado taste. I won't be making this dud again."
"I make extra dressing to use on Carne Asada sandwiches, not being a taco person. Everyone loves it, and we have some picky eaters."
"I love this dressing! Actually didn't make the rest of the salad, just serving it with mixed greens, avocado and feta, but it would be delish with anything. I might try a couple T. less mayo and a large avocado instead."
"Very good! I sprinkle some cheddar cheese on when tossing the salad together. Have used both tortilla chips and corn chips - both are good! Light mayonnaise seemed to work fine as well."