Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Corn chips
- For dressing, place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing(9)
Sort By :
I made this recipe because of the great reviews but I have to say, I really disagree with comments. The dressing flavor-wise was way too heavy on the fats. The mayo really kills the avocado taste. I won't be making this dud again.
I make extra dressing to use on Carne Asada sandwiches, not being a taco person. Everyone loves it, and we have some picky eaters.
I love this dressing! Actually didn't make the rest of the salad, just serving it with mixed greens, avocado and feta, but it would be delish with anything. I might try a couple T. less mayo and a large avocado instead.
Very good! I sprinkle some cheddar cheese on when tossing the salad together. Have used both tortilla chips and corn chips - both are good! Light mayonnaise seemed to work fine as well.
Delicious! Love the dressing!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Southwest Salads >