This colorful salad looks great on a buffet table and tastes even better. The crunchy corn chips are a nice change from croutons. —Sandra Forsyth, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Corn chips
- For dressing, place the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p37
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Avocado Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review