Romaine Salad with Apple Vinaigrette Recipe
Looking for a salad that’s simple but special? This one is always a hit when I bring it to a potluck at work. I blend apples into the vinaigrette and mix them with the romaine, too.
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, apples and pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
1 cup equals 200 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC