Looking for a salad that’s simple but special? This one is always a hit when I bring it to a potluck at work. I blend apples into the vinaigrette and mix them with the romaine, too.
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/3 chopped peeled ripe pear
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, apples and pine nuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
Originally published as Romaine Salad with Apple Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p56
Reviews for Romaine Salad with Apple Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review